Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Technique Tuesday

Hello everyone!! Im here today to share with you a little technique. A way to use up some of your scraps to make pretty embellishments, it also works to use just a bit of what you have to make embellishments for something you might just not have embellishments for already. I got this idea from watching Adele Toomey or as a lot of people know her, Inkie Quill over on youtube. This is something I use a lot anymore and thought it would be a great thing to share.


To make these little embellishments I pulled some scraps from what I had left of this months kit, a small heart punch, a 1 inch round punch and those little circle epoxy stickers, that I got from hobby lobby for a few dollars. The 1 inch circle punch it perfect for these.


I went a head and punched out a bunch of circles and hearts. I actually used some of these in a mini album I made with this months kit for a challenge in the forums, so you can go check that out too if you'd like. Now you can also ink the edges or add little work stickers, but you do have to make sure that you don't add to much or it wont stuck completely. You can also use doilies.



Now here are a few that I made and layered a few things on some of them and left some pretty plain, but come one that paper is so pretty it just works.lol. These make great embellishments, a little something more to go along with everything and you can make it they way you want.

I hope you enjoyed this little technique share today and hope you share what you make too!!

2 comments :

  1. Love this!! Now i need to go get apoxy stickers!! Thanks for sharing! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get the epoxy stickers at hobby lobby and on ebay, ebay has them in different shapes too!

    ReplyDelete